Apricot Brandied Chicken Breasts
- 4 whole boneless fryer breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup apricot brandy
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat a large skillet over low heat and melt the butter in it.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, sift together the flour, salt, pepper and
tarragon. Add the chicken, one piece at a time, and dredge to coat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes on each side or until
the chicken is browned.
- Add brandy and chicken broth. Stir and then let simmer for 10 more minutes
or until the chicken is fork-tender.
- Remove the chicken to a warm platter.
- Add the sour cream to the skillet and stir to warm.
- Pour the warm sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings