Aromatic Sherried Chicken
- 1/3 cup The Christian Brothers Golden Sherry
- 1/3 cup dried apricots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine sherry and apricots; set aside.
- In electric frying pan, sauté onion in oil until golden; remove and reserve
- Brown chicken in oil remaining in pan.
- Add onion, apricots, sherry, basil and cinnamon. Cover pan.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for about 50 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning
once. Remove cover last 10 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.