Braised Chicken in Dijon Cream Sauce
This is very tasty and oh, so delicious!
- 2 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion or 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- In a skillet with high sides, heat the olive over medium high heat. Sear
the chicken breast halves in the hot oil about 2 minutes on each side, until
just golden brown on the outside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, move the chicken to one side, add the onion and
garlic, and cook a couple of minutes more until the onion and garlic are lightly
browned. Add the wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the
- Replace the chicken in the center of the pan, spacing it evenly, and add
the chicken stock, salt, and pepper. The stock should come up only about halfway
on the chicken pieces. Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce the heat to low.
Partially cover the pan and let the chicken braise for one hour, turning the
chicken over once or twice near the end of the cooking time. Remove the chicken
pieces and keep warm.
- To the liquid in the pan add the Dijon and cream, and stir. Raise the heat
to medium and boil the sauce until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Taste and add salt or pepper if desired.
- Serve the chicken with the warm sauce.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/6/01 5:53:24 am
Source: Martha Sheppard
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Chicken Recipes