- Chicken breasts
- All-purpose flour
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup champagne
- Lightly dust chicken breasts with flour and a little salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, lightly brown chicken breasts to a nice golden brown
in olive oil. Once browned on both sides, add mushrooms and champagne. Cook
over medium heat, champagne should boil a little, for approximately 1/2 hour.
- When chicken is tender, transfer chicken to a platter. Pour cream into skillet.
Simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts.