Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Breasts with Avocado
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces Havarti or Monterey jack cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Avocado slices
- Tomato wedges
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (190 degrees C).
- Wash chicken breasts, then pat them dry with white paper towels. Place chicken
breast pieces between sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with the flat side of a
meat mallet until thin and about double in size. Sprinkle seasoned salt over
- In a small bowl, combine butter, oregano and parsley. Spread half of the
butter mixture over one side of the chicken breasts. Top each breast with a
slice of cheese. Roll up each chicken breast tightly, tucking in ends to make
each stuffed breast approximately the same length as the other. Place in a shallow
1 1/2-quart casserole.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter mixture and brush over chicken.
Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Add wine to casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes or until tender and browned. Be careful
not to overcook.
- Garnish with avocado slices and tomato wedges.
Yield: 6 servings