Chicken in Ale
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pound total)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped mixed mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup brown ale or beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- In a large skillet brown chicken breasts and onion in hot oil over medium-high
heat, turning chicken once to brown both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Add mushrooms, 1/2 cup of the chicken broth, the ale or beer, Worcestershire
sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and cook
about 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Drain well.
Set aside and keep warm.
- Remove chicken breasts to a serving platter; keep warm.
- In a screw-top jar shake together flour and remaining chicken broth; add
to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute
- Serve chicken and sauce over fettuccine. Garnish with sprigs of thyme, if
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.