Chicken Breasts in Champagne Sauce
- 3 whole chicken breasts, split
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry champagne or white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix, cooked according to directions
- Brown chicken breasts in butter until golden brown, turning often.
- Add salt,
pepper, thyme, broth and 1 1/4 cups champagne to the pan drippings in the skillet.
Bring to boiling; return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer until chicken
is tender. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Stir flour into remaining 1/4 cup of champagne. Stir into liquid in skillet.
Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl; add about 1/2 cup of the sauce. Stir back
into skillet. Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- To serve: Arrange chicken breasts on platter with hot rice; spoon sauce
over each piece of chicken.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.