Chicken Breasts in Mango Sauce
- 3 large mangoes, peeled, pitted and the flesh cubed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a blender, puree two thirds of the mango cubes until smooth. Set aside.
- Dredge the chicken breast halve lightly in the flour, shake off any excess.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil until hot. Add
the chicken breasts and sauté until brown on one side (5-7 minutes).
- Turn and sauté the other side (5 to 7 minutes) until cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the remaining mango cubes, rum and sugar
in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until
the sugar dissolves. Add the mango puree and cook, stirring until the mixture
- Reduce the heat to low and keep warm until the chicken is ready.
- When chicken is cooked, place on dinner plate and cover with mango sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.