Chicken Breasts in Orange Sauce
- 1/2 cup regular all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- 6 halved chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 (3 or 4 ounce) can button mushrooms
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or mace
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots (about 1/2-inch thick)
- Blend flour, salt, paprika, pepper and garlic powder. Coat chicken with
the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in an electric frying pan; brown chicken breasts well on both sides
in the hot oil.
- Drain the mushrooms, reserving liquid; scatter mushrooms over
- Blend soup, reserved mushroom liquid, chicken broth, orange juice, wine
(if used), nutmeg and brown sugar until smooth; pour soup mixture over chicken.
Cover and simmer in frying pan over low heat for about 30 minutes or until chicken
is tender. About 15 minutes before chicken is done, stir in carrots; continue
cooking until tender.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.