- 3 pounds broiler-fryer chicken
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring chicken to boil in a pot of water. Simmer chicken for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour stock into a measuring cup to make 2 cups and refrigerate.
- Skim any fat from top of reserved stock when cooled.
- De-bone the chicken. Discard bones and skin. Cut chicken into chunks. Place
all ingredients in a pot and cover. Bring to a boil, turning heat down immediately.
Simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered, or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.