Chicken with Champagne Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Place the chicken breasts flat between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using
a meat mallet or other heavy object, pound the chicken until it is 1/2-inch
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonreactive skillet over high heat.
Add the chicken and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden.
- Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the shallots to the pan and cook over medium heat until tender. Stir
in the champagne. Cook over high heat until reduced by half.
- Stir in the cream, any accumulated chicken juices and salt. Cook over medium
heat until sauce thickens slightly, stirring frequently; do not boil.
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Place a chicken breast on each plate and spoon sauce over. Garnish with
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/13/2001 1:33 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Chicken Recipes