Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) package Swiss cheese slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced cooked ham
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- Spread chicken breasts flat; fold cheese and ham slices to fit on top of
breast; fold breasts over filling and fasten edges together with toothpicks
being careful to seal well so filling will not leak out.
- On wax paper, mix flour and paprika; use mixture to coat chicken pieces.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot butter, cook chicken until browned
on all sides. Add wine and bullion cube. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer
30 minutes or until fork tender; remove toothpicks.
- In cup, blend cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into skillet.
Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened; serve over chicken.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.