Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 6 whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 1 (8 ounce) package Swiss cheese slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Spread chicken breasts flat; fold cheese and ham slices to fit on top of
breast; fold breasts over filling and fasten edges together with wooden picks
being careful to seal well so filling will not leak out.
- On wax paper, mix flour and paprika; use mixture to coat chicken pieces.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot butter, cook chicken until browned
on all sides.
- Add wine and bullion cube. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer
for 30 minutes or until fork tender; remove wooden picks.
- In cup, blend cornstarch and whipping cream until smooth; gradually stir into skillet.
Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened; serve over chicken.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.