Chicken in Garlic Cream
- 1 (5-pound) roasting chicken
- 1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
Garlic Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups no fat chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic (minced and crushed)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cooked noodles for six
- Chicken: Simmer chicken until tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Strain broth; skim off fat. Skin and bone chicken, cut into large pieces.
- Sauté mushrooms until just soft in 2 tablespoons butter. Add sherry.
- Garlic Cream Sauce: Melt butter. Add onions; cook until soft. Remove from heat;
stir in flour. Gradually add the chicken broth; stir over low heat until thickened
and smooth. Add garlic and season to taste.
- Near dinner time, cook and drain noodles. Reheat and add mushroom mixture.
- Reheat chicken in sauce, then add egg yolks beaten with heavy cream. Important:
First warm the egg yolk mixture with a few spoonsful of the hot sauce. Stir
carefully over low heat. Do not boil.
- To serve, line serving platter with mushroom noodles. Top with chicken in
Yield: 6 servings
To serve the next day, mix all together to reheat for serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.