Chicken in Garlic Cream
- 1 (5-pound) roasting chicken
- 1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
Garlic Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups no fat chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic (minced and crushed)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cooked noodles for six
- Chicken: Simmer chicken until tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Strain broth; skim off fat. Skin and bone chicken, cut into large pieces.
- Sauté mushrooms until just soft in 2 tablespoons butter. Add sherry.
- Garlic Cream Sauce: Melt butter. Add onions; cook until soft. Remove from heat;
stir in flour. Gradually add the chicken broth; stir over low heat until thickened
and smooth. Add garlic and season to taste.
- Near dinner time, cook and drain noodles. Reheat and add mushroom mixture.
- Reheat chicken in sauce, then add egg yolks beaten with heavy cream. Important:
First warm the egg yolk mixture with a few spoonsful of the hot sauce. Stir
carefully over low heat. Do not boil.
- To serve, line serving platter with mushroom noodles. Top with chicken in
Yield: 6 servings
To serve the next day, mix all together to reheat for serving.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.