Chicken a l'Orange
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or orange juice
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Spray a cold large nonstick skillet with nonstick coating. Heat skillet
over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in hot skillet for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender
and no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan stir together the cornstarch,
orange peel, and salt. Gradually stir the 1/2 cup orange juice into the cornstarch
mixture. Stir in the orange liqueur or orange juice and honey. Cook and stir
until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in orange
sections; heat through.
- To serve, transfer the chicken to dinner plates. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.