Chicken a l'Orange
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Spray a cold large nonstick skillet with nonstick coating. Heat skillet
over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in hot skillet for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender
and no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan stir together the cornstarch,
orange peel, and salt. Gradually stir the 1/2 cup orange juice into the cornstarch
mixture. Stir in the orange liqueur or orange juice and honey. Cook and stir
until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in orange
sections; heat through.
- To serve, transfer the chicken to dinner plates. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.