- 4 medium-size tomatoes
- 5 pounds chicken parts
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Dice 2 tomatoes and wedge 2 tomatoes. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with 2 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in very large skillet. Add chicken. Brown on all sides, remove
and set aside.
- In same skillet, stir onions and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle with flour, stir until all flour is
- Add wine and reserved diced tomatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer,
covered, for about 30 minutes, until chicken is fork tender.
- In small skillet, melt butter; add mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms into chicken along with shrimp and reserved tomato wedges.
Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon salt. Stir gently. Bring to boil. Reduce heat
and simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes, until shrimp are cooked.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.