Chicken Marsala dates to the 19th century, when it may have originated with
English families who lived in western Sicily, where Marsala wine is produced.
- 6 boned chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Onion and garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 2 ribs celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder and Worcestershire
sauce. Coat with flour; shake off excess.
- Sauté chicken on both sides in butter and oil until light brown.
- Chop parsley and reserve. Process garlic, onion, celery, tomatoes, rosemary,
bay leaf, salt and pepper until finely chopped.
- Sauté in same oil and butter. Add chicken stock and Marsala wine. Pour everything
- Bake covered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Add mushrooms and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.