Chicken New Hampshire
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Flour, as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 ounces julienned ham
- 1 red Delicious apples, cored, seeded and sliced thin
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- Heat large sauté pan over medium high heat and add oil then butter.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and then dredge in flour. Brush off
any excess flour. Place chicken smooth side down in hot oil/butter. Reduce heat
to medium. Cook until golden brown. Turn over and cook until golden brown.
- Add ham, apples, mushrooms, onions and spices. Cook for two minutes.
- Add sherry; reduce until only 1/2 of the liquid remains. Add stock; reduce
until only 1/2 of the liquid remains. Add cream; reduce until only 1/2 of the
- Add walnuts and cook for one minute.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.