Chicken New Hampshire
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Flour, as needed
- Salt and
pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 ounces julienned
- 1 red Delicious apples, cored, seeded and sliced thin
- 4 ounces sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- Heat large sauté pan over medium high heat and add oil then butter.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and then dredge in flour. Brush off
any excess flour. Place chicken smooth side down in hot oil/butter. Reduce heat
to medium. Cook until golden brown. Turn over and cook until golden brown.
- Add ham, apples, mushrooms, onions and spices. Cook for two minutes.
- Add sherry; reduce until only 1/2 of the liquid remains. Add stock; reduce
until only 1/2 of the liquid remains. Add cream; reduce until only 1/2 of the
- Add walnuts and cook for one minute.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.