Chicken with Orange Peel Stir Fry
- 2 chicken breasts, boned and skinned, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups oil (for deep frying)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons preserved orange peel or fresh dried orange rind, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped fine
- 2 whole dried red chile peppers, cut into quarters
- 4 1/2 teaspoons sherry
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Mix with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Heat oil to boiling in wok. Deep fry chicken for 1 minute. Drain. Remove
chicken and oil.
- Heat sesame oil in wok. Stir fry orange peel, scallion, ginger and chile
peppers for 1 minute. Add sherry, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, wine vinegar
and sugar, then add chicken. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove to platter.
- Serve hot.
Serves 4 to 6.