- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon marjoram,
or to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 5 fresh seeded tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken
breasts (or equal amounts veal or peeled shrimp)
- 1/2 pound
- Heat thin layer of olive oil in large sauté pan. Sauté onion and garlic
for about 3 minutes; add celery. Sauté for 5 minutes more then add the basil
and marjoram. Cook for 3 minutes; add tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer for 30 minutes on lowest
- Meanwhile, season chicken (or veal) with salt and pepper.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a skillet and sauté until just browned.
(If using shrimp, do not sauté. Just add to tomato mixture).
- Add meat to tomato mixture and cook until no longer pink, about 20 minutes
for chicken or veal, 10 minutes for shrimp.
- Add mushrooms before serving and heat through.
- Serve over pasta.
Serves 4 to 5.
Nutrition values per serving (with chicken): 323 calories, 8 g fat, 9 g carbohydrates,
2 g fiber, 45 g protein, 105 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium