- 2 large whole chicken breasts, de-boned and skinned
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons minced shallots, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cups sour cream (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- Slice chicken into julienne strips about 3 inches by 1/4 inch.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a skillet sauté chicken in butter over medium-high heat just until golden
- Remove to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Add shallots, mushrooms and wine to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until liquid
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in paprika, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and
beef bouillon powder.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat sauce and pour over chicken.