Chicken a la Suisse
- 6 medium whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 6 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 6 thin slices cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Spread chicken breasts flat; fit cheese and ham slices on chicken. Fold
so that chicken covers cheese and ham; fasten edges with toothpicks.
- Coat chicken with blended flour and paprika. Brown chicken in butter; add
wine and bouillon cube. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Place chicken on warm platter; remove toothpicks.
- Blend cornstarch and heavy cream until smooth; stir into drippings in skillet.
Cook, stirring, until mixture is thickened. Serve over chicken.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.