Chicken a la Suisse
- 6 medium whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 6 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 6 thin slices cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Spread chicken breasts flat; fit cheese and ham slices on chicken. Fold
so that chicken covers cheese and ham; fasten edges with toothpicks.
- Coat chicken with blended flour and paprika. Brown chicken in butter; add
wine and bouillon cube. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Place chicken on warm platter; remove toothpicks.
- Blend cornstarch and heavy cream until smooth; stir into drippings in skillet.
Cook, stirring, until mixture is thickened. Serve over chicken.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Chicken Recipes