Chicken 'n' Swiss Extraordinaire
- 3 whole chicken breasts, halves, skinned and bones
- 1 teaspoon MSG (optional)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 thick slices French bread
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with MSG if using. Roll in flour. Heat vegetable oil in
fry pan. Add chicken and brown.
- Reduce heat. Cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until fork can be easily inserted.
- Place bread slices topped with cheese on baking sheet. Heat at 200 degrees
F while preparing mushrooms.
- Remove chicken from fry pan.
- Add butter and mushrooms to pan. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Push mushrooms aside. Add wine, salt and pepper. Return chicken to pan.
Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Place chicken piece on each bread slice. Spoon mushrooms and sauce over
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.