Chicken Tam O'Shanter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Johnnie Walker Red, warmed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or bouillon
- 1 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet. Add chicken pieces; sauté over medium
heat, turning often until golden brown on both sides.
- Add onion and mushrooms. Cook until softened.
- Pour Johnnie Walker Red into pan, ignite. When flames go out, add broth;
cover pan and reduce heat. Simmer until chicken is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken pieces and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to very low, stir in sour cream. Heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over chicken.
Yield: 4 servings