Daiquiri Scented Chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 very small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, cored, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 small mango, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cooked orzo or rice (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion, garlic and chile and sauté 2 minutes.
- Place flour in a plastic bag with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Add chicken pieces and shake well to coat. Add chicken to skillet and brown
2 minutes per side.
- Add rum and scrape up any browned bits in skillet. Add lime juice, brown
sugar, chicken broth, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Simmer 1 minute
for flavors to blend.
- Add mango strips. Cover skillet and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is
completely cooked and sauce is thick. Sprinkle on cilantro.
- Serve chicken over orzo or rice, if desired.