Jersey Jan's Chicken Marsala
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt or seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each), butterflied and pounded thin
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or garlic flavored oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups sweet Marsala wine
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large shallow dish; set aside. Heat
a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Dredge chicken in seasoned
flour, tapping off excess; set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to skillet. When oil is shimmering, add chicken and
cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes more. Remove
chicken to a plate; set aside and keep warm. Cut into medallions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet. Add mushrooms, and cook, stirring
occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown and all the released liquid has
evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add wine. Return skillet to heat, scraping
any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Add garlic,
lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and parsley. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes
until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning. Place chicken into mixture and cook 3 minutes
more. Sauce will thicken.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle more chopped flat leaf parsley over dish. May
serve over rice or couscous.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine 5:40:01pm 6/21/03.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Chicken Recipes