Lemon Chicken Breasts Piccata
- 2 large lemons
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 chicken cutlets (1 to 1 1/4 pounds, or 4 to 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice 1 of the lemons into 8 thin slices.
- From the remaining lemon, squeeze 1/4 cup juice.
- Mince the 2 garlic cloves. Mince enough fresh parsley to measure 2 tablespoons,
reserve the parsley, covered with a damp paper towel.
- Season the chicken cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge the
cutlets in the 1/4 cup flour.
- In a 12-inch nonstick sauté pan or skillet, heat the 4 tablespoons oil over
high heat until hot. Add the chicken and sauté it 2 minutes on each side, or
until golden brown.
- Transfer the cutlets to a platter, cover, and keep warm.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, 30 seconds, being careful
not to let it brown.
- Add the 1/2 cup sherry, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons capers and
combine, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to
release the browned bits. Reduce the sauce over medium/high heat by half, stirring
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the 8 lemon slices.
- Return the chicken cutlets to the pan and reheat them in the sauce over
low heat until just warmed through. Swirl in the 2 tablespoons butter until
- At serving time, divide the chicken and sauce among 4 dinner plates. Sprinkle
the reserved 2 tablespoons minced parsley over each portion.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Chicken Recipes