Peach Schnapps Glazed Chicken
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup peach Schnapps
- 1 cup regular rice
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables, slightly thawed
- Cut chicken into strips and shake in a plastic bag with flour and salt. Sauté strips in oil until brown, remove and keep warm.
- Make a paste of ginger, cornstarch, brown sugar and vinegar. Add Schnapps and cook until thick, cook another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Cook rice as per package directions in a 3-quart pan; 5 minutes before fully cooked, add the vegetables.
- Serve chicken over rice covered with sauce.