Peachy Bourbon Chicken
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup fresh peaches, chopped
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; arrange in 13 x 9-inch pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; add diced onion to skillet, and
sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in paprika.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon scallions; stir remaining green onions into onion
mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes.
- Spread onion mixture evenly over chicken; drizzle with orange juice and
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 50 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with
- Top with chopped peaches, and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake mixture for 5 more minutes or until chicken is done; transfer chicken to
a serving dish. Drizzle with pan drippings and sprinkle with reserved green
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 374 Calories; 19g Fat (49.2% calories
from fat); 32g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 424mg
Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.