- 1 large stewing hen
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, sieved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of azafran
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup Malaga wine
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- Avocado (optional)
- Cut up the chicken.
- Heat oil, and lightly fry chicken until brown on all sides, about 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, cloves, pepper, cinnamon, azafran, almonds and raisins.
Cover; reduce heat. Simmer gently until meat is tender and sauce has thickened
(about 25 minutes).
- Add wine, then simmer 5 minutes more. If sauce is soupy, grind 2 slices
of white bread in a blender and add to thicken.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter. Pour sauce around it. Sprinkle chicken
with pomegranate seeds.
- Garnish with avocado slices.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Chicken Recipes