Quigley's Chicken with Wine and Vegetables
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 boned chicken breasts, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 whole mushrooms
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium can artichoke hearts
- Hot, cooked brown rice
- Brown the onion in 1 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Salt and pepper the chicken. Roll in flour to cover. Brown quickly in remaining
- Place onion in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Layer with chicken and mushrooms.
- Mix the liquid ingredients and pour over. Bake for 1 hour.
- Add the artichoke hearts and cook for 30 minutes longer.
- Serve with the brown rice or can serve over noodles.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine on 10/29/2001 2:44 pm.
Source: Tom Selleck (the actor)