- 8 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened raspberries or 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns, slightly crushed
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet; add oil. Add seasoned chicken;
brown on both sides.
- Mash half of the raspberries through a fine sieve to remove seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine strained raspberries, wine, garlic, parsley and
broth or bouillon. Pour over chicken. Cover skillet; cook 15 minutes over medium
heat, or until chicken is tender.
- Using slotted spoon, place hot chicken on a platter or serving dish; keep
- Stir green peppercorns into sauce; remove from heat. Add 1/4 cup butter,
1 or 2 pieces at a time, stirring constantly until butter is blended into sauce.
Immediately spoon over hot chicken; garnish with reserved raspberries and mushrooms,
- Serve hot.
Yield: 8 servings