- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 pounds chicken parts
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Warm rum in small pan over low heat.
- Off the heat, ignite rum with match and gently shake pan back and forth
until flame dies. Add soy sauce and lime juice to rum.
- Place chicken in deep bowl and pour in rum mixture, turning the pieces about
with a spoon to coat them evenly.
- Marinate at room temperature for 2 hours or in refrigerator for 4 hours,
turning chicken occasionally.
- In a heavy 10 to 12-inch skillet, heat oil over high heat until it is very
hot, but not smoking.
- Pat pieces of chicken completely dry and season with salt and pepper. Dip
them in flour and shake off excess. Fry chicken until juices from it run clear
(not pink) when slit with sharp knife.
- Serve immediately with cooked rice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Chicken Recipes