Stir-Fried Chicken and Cashews
As easy as it is delicious, this spunky stir-fry gets its full flavor from soy sauce, sherry and hoisin sauce.
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 cup raw cashews or roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, sherry, and, if desired, sugar. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, cook cashews in hot oil over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add chicken mixture to skillet or wok; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in hoisin sauce and cashews.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 504 cal., 25 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 66 mg chol., 571 mg sodium, 36 g carbo., 2 g fiber, and 35 g pro. Dietary exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 4 very-lean meat, 3-1/2 fat
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 4/1/02 11:03:51 am.