Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Sauce
- 8 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 4 (1 ounce) slices cooked ham, cut in half
- 4 (1 ounce) slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white wine (you can substitute chicken broth for the wine)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Place each chicken breast half on a sheet of waxed paper, flatten to 1/4-inch
thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Place one piece of ham and one piece of cheese in center of each chicken
piece. Roll up lengthwise and secure chicken with wooden picks or tie with butcher's
- Combine egg and water; dip each chicken breast in egg, and coat well with
- Melt butter in a large skillet; stir in Italian seasoning. Add chicken and
cook over low heat 30 to 40 minutes, browning all sides.
- Serve with Mushroom Sauce.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in butter in a medium saucepan until tender.
- Stir in white wine, milk and cream of mushroom soup and heat thorough.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/6/01 6:06:24 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Chicken Recipes