Stuffed Chicken Marsala
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices
- Flour, for dredging
- Canola oil
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon
- Cut pockets into chicken breasts. Season pockets with salt, pepper and thyme.
Stuff each breast with a slice of prosciutto and a piece of Fontina.
- Dip chicken breasts in flour.
- Heat skillet. Add oil to skillet and sauté chicken breasts until brown on
- Remove browned chicken breasts from skillet. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté on high heat until browned. Mushroom
liquid will start to deglaze the pan.
- Add Marsala to skillet and reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to skillet and put chicken back to the pan. Simmer until
chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter. Thicken sauce by making a buerre marie with
butter and flour, and whisking it in until sauce thickens.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine May 11, 2001.
Source: Recipe courtesy Sara Moulton
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.