Apple-Glazed Cornish Hens
- 2 Cornish hens
- 6 ounces unsweetened apple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 medium lemon, sliced
- Remove giblets from hens and discard. Rinse hens under cold water and pat
dry. Using a long, sharp knife, split the hens lengthwise. You may also buy
precut hens. Place the hens, cavity side up, in a roasting pan. Dilute 1/4 cup
of the apple juice concentrate with the water. Pour juice over the hens.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Turn breast side up.
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine the remaining apple juice concentrate,
cornstarch and cinnamon; mix well. Add 2 lemon slices and continue cooking until
thickened. Remove from heat and brush hens with the sauce.
- Return the hens to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the hens to a serving platter and garnish with remaining lemon
Nutritional Information: calories 447, fat 20.2g, 48% calories from fat,
cholesterol 210mg, protein 30.3g, carbohydrates 19.2g, fiber 0.4g, sodium 111mg
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 11/6/2001 7:36 am.