Cornish Hen Recipes
Apple-Raisin Stuffed Cornish Game Hens
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Cornish game hens
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Melba Toasted Dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large or 2 small apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Sauté celery and onions in butter until tender. Combine with remaining ingredients except salt and pepper.
- Wash and pat dry thawed hens. Season cavities with salt and pepper. Stuff hens with stuffing mixture and fasten openings with skewers.
- Place hens breast side up in roaster pan. Do not cover. A foil tent may be used if excessive browning occurs.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees F, basting 4 or 5 times with the following sauce.
- Heat on stove until well blended or in the microwave for 1 minute.