Rock Cornish Hens
I met a lady in Tucson at the store buying Cornish hens and asked her what she
was going to do with them. She gave me this recipe.
- 4 Cornish hens-stuffed with 1 package wild rice
or seasoned rice of your choice
- 1 small jar crabapple jelly (6 tablespoon)
- 6 tablespoons orange liquor (Triple sec)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Oil and stuff hens, bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Melt sauce for basting in saucepan. Remove hens from oven and baste well
- Return hens to oven for 45 minutes more basting occasionally.
- Remove hens from oven to platter and pour the rest of the sauce over them.
If hens had been frozen, make sure they are thoroughly defrosted or they
will dilute the sauce. Also watch carefully at the end as they can blacken easily.
This recipe is so easy and delicious, especially if you are having company, it's
Cranberry jelly is difficult to find and you can substitute another kind but
it won't be quite as good.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.