Cherry Sauce for Ham
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries (reserve juice)
- Slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pickling spice, tied in cheesecloth
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons juice from prepared horseradish (optional)
- Red food coloring
- Measure cherry juice and add water to make 1 1/2 cups. Stuff each cherry
with 3 almond slivers.
- Combine cherry juice and all ingredients except cherries in saucepan and
cook, stirring until thick.
- Remove from heat, remove pickling spice and add cherries.
- Serve at room temperature.
Yield: 2 cups
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.