Apple-Cornbread Stuffed Goose
- 1 wild goose, well cleaned and picked (do not skin)
- Goose giblets
- 10 cups cornbread crumbs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Jonathan apples, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Boil giblets until tender, remove skin, and chop fine. Combine with cornbread
crumbs, onions and apple. Mix well and add salt, pepper, sage, garlic and other
seasonings to taste.
- Moisten and stuff goose. Place goose in roasting pan and spread with about
2 tablespoons butter, and then sprinkle with a little flour.
- Roast in 350 degree F oven until done, which will take about 15 to 20 minutes
per pound. Baste often.