- 1 (11 1/2 pound) thawed goose
- 1 orange, cut up
- 1 lime, cut up
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Remove giblets and neck from goose. Remove excess fat from main cavity of
goose. Rinse goose inside and out with cold water, then pat dry with paper towels.
Place goose, breast side down, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Place thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle goose with
about half the herb mixture. Place orange and lime wedges in cavity of goose.
Turn goose breast side up. Sprinkle remaining herbs over goose.
- Bake goose for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven (do not open oven door) and let goose stand in oven about
45 minutes longer. Juices should run clear.
- Remove goose from oven; cover and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
>> GOOSE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.