Roast Goose with Mushroom-Sour Cream Gravy
- 1 (6 to 8 pound) wild goose, giblets reserved
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 1/2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- Wipe goose as dry as possible inside and out with paper towels. Season with
garlic salt and paprika.
- Put on a rack in a shallow baking pan and roast, uncovered, at 325 degrees
F for 1 hour, or until goose is browned and fat is rendered. Pour off liquid
fat, reserving 3 tablespoons.
- Meanwhile, simmer goose giblets, neck and wing tips in water to cover with
carrot, celery and 1 teaspoon salt.
- In reserved 3 tablespoons of goose fat cook the onion soft and yellow; stir
in 2 tablespoons of the flour, then blend in liquid from the giblets. If necessary,
add water to make 1 cup.
- Stir remaining 2 tablespoons flour into sour cream and then blend into gravy;
season with remaining salt, or to taste.
- Put goose back in roaster and pour gravy and mushrooms over it. Cover roaster
and roast for another 2 hours.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
>> GOOSE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.