A simple glaze over ham makes for an easy special occasion meal.
- 5 pound fully cooked whole boneless ham
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place ham on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degrees F oven for 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F (about 15-18 minutes per pound.)
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and cloves.
- Stir in apricot nectar and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Brush ham with glaze. Continue baking for 15-20 minutes more, brushing occasionally with glaze.
Servings: 20 | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 90 min
Nutrition: Calories: 208 calories Protein: 25 grams Fat: 9 grams Sodium: 1572 milligrams Cholesterol: 64 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates: 6 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board