Aromatic Baked Ham in a Blanket
The spice blanket flavors the ham and keeps it moist.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cider or water
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) boneless ham
- Make spice dough by combining the flour, sugar, and seasonings in a large
- Add enough cider or water to make a stiff dough.
- Roll until it is 1/4 inch thick and forms a 10 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Place the ham, fat side up, in a foil-lined open roasting pan.
- Cover top and sides of the ham with a
blanket of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 3 hours.
- Cover with foil tent if crust becomes too brown.
- Remove ham and slice.
- Serve warm or cooled.
The pastry blanket may be too spicy for some and can be removed after baking.
Or you may use only 1 teaspoon cloves.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ham Recipes