Baked Ham with Apricot Bourbon Glaze
- 1 (12 to 13 pound) fully cooked, smoked ham
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place ham fat side up in shallow foil-lined roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer
so that tip is in center of thickest part of meat and does not touch bone or
rest in fat. Do not add water. Do not cover.
- Roast ham for approximately 3 hours
15 minutes, allowing 10 to 15 minutes per pound. Meat thermometer should read
130 degrees F.
- Forty-five minutes before end of baking time, remove ham from oven. Remove
rind with sharp knife and kitchen shears.
- In small bowl, combine apricot preserves and bourbon. Set aside 2 tablespoons
glaze for garnish.
- Brush ham with apricot glaze; return to oven.
- Bake until done, brushing 3 to 4 times with glaze.
- When golden brown remove from oven and transfer to serving platter.