Baked Ham with Apricot Bourbon Glaze
- 1 (12 to 13 pound) fully cooked, smoked ham
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place ham fat side up in shallow foil-lined roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer
so that tip is in center of thickest part of meat and does not touch bone or
rest in fat. Do not add water. Do not cover.
- Roast ham for approximately 3 hours
15 minutes, allowing 10 to 15 minutes per pound. Meat thermometer should read
130 degrees F.
- Forty-five minutes before end of baking time, remove ham from oven. Remove
rind with sharp knife and kitchen shears.
- In small bowl, combine apricot preserves and bourbon. Set aside 2 tablespoons
glaze for garnish.
- Brush ham with apricot glaze; return to oven.
- Bake until done, brushing 3 to 4 times with glaze.
- When golden brown remove from oven and transfer to serving platter.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.