Baked Ham with Marmalade Horseradish Glaze
- 1 (18 pound) fully cooked bone-in smoked ham, room temperature
- 48 whole cloves
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup prepared cream style horseradish
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
- Place ham on rack set in large roasting pan. Using sharp knife, score ham in diamond pattern.
- Press 1 clove into center of each diamond.
- Pour 4 cups water into roasting pan.
- Roast ham for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend marmalade, horseradish and sugar in medium bowl.
- Remove ham from oven. Transfer ham to baking sheet.
- Discard pan juices.
- Return ham to roasting pan.
- Add orange juice to roasting pan.
- Brush top of ham with 1/3 of marmalade glaze. Bake ham 10 minutes.
- Baste with orange juice in pan, then brush with half the remaining marmalade glaze.
- Bake ham for 10 minutes.
- Baste with juices from pan, then brush with remaining glaze.
- Roast ham until heated through, basting every 5 minutes, about 20 minutes longer.
- Let ham rest 15 minutes. Transfer to platter.
- Serve ham hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Source: Bon Appetit