Baked Whiskey Glazed Ham
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) semi-boneless ham (fully cooked variety)
- 3/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- Whole cloves
- Place ham, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Put in middle of
preheated 325 degree F oven and bake two hours or until meat can be easily pierced
with a fork.
- Remove ham from oven and cut away the rind with large, sharp knife. Then
score ham deeply through fat until you reach meat, making incisions 1/2-inch
apart lengthwise and crosswise.
- Return ham to rack in pan and turn oven to 450 degrees F. Brush ham on all
sides with 1/2 cup of whiskey.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard and 1/4 cup whiskey. Pat this mixture firmly
into the scored fat. Stud fat at scoring intersections with whole cloves. Baste
lightly with drippings from pan.
- Bake ham, undisturbed, in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until sugar has melted
to form a glaze.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with parsley.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.