Baked Ham with Sweet Mango and Ginger
Tropical glaze gives baked ham a vibrant twist. Serve with snap peas and Garlic
Rosemary Mashed Potatoes.
- 6-7 pound bone-in ham, with natural juices
- 1-2 cups mango nectar, or juice
- 1 1/2 cups mango jam OR apricot jam
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (light)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
Let the ham stand at room temperature for 90 minutes.
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F. Set the rack at the lowest position.
- Rinse and pat dry the ham. Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the ham in a criss-cross
- Place ham on oven-safe skillet with high sides or a large pot or Dutch
- Pour the mango juice into the pan, and add additional water if necessary
to bring the liquid level to 1/2 inch. Cover the pan tightly with tin foil.
Roast in oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hors (about 15 minutes per pound) or until the
internal temperature of the ham reaches 100 degrees F.
- While the ham is cooking, prepare the glaze. Combine the mango jam, brown
sugar, ginger and cloves in a small sauce pot and cook over low heat until the
glaze is thick and sticky. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Take the ham out of the oven when it reaches the first internal temperature
of 100 degrees F. Turn the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush the ham with about 1/4 of the glaze all over. You should have some
mango juice in the pan, if not, add additional mango juice or water to reach
1/4 inch. Once the oven comes to temperature, return the ham, uncovered to oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the liquid is bubbly and the ham has turned to
a nice, deep golden brown. The internal temperature of the ham should be 140
- Remove ham to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Return the remaining glaze to the stove on medium-low heat.
- Your roasting pan should have some mango juice left - carefully pour about
1/2 cup of the mango pan juice into the glaze. Whisk and adjust with either
more juice or mango jam to create a beautiful, slightly thick glaze for serving.
- Carve the ham and serve with the Mango-Ginger Glaze.
Serves 12 to 14
10 minutes prep
120 minutes cook
The choice of pan is important; you want
the ham to fit snugly in the pan, with about 2-inches of space all around. For a
6-7 pound ham, use an oven-safe 12-inch skillet or sauté pan with high sides, as
roasting pans can be too big. You can also use a large pot or Dutch oven.
Nutrition: Calories: 400 calories Protein: 41 grams Fat: 8 grams Sodium:
2450 milligrams Cholesterol: 130 milligrams Saturated Fat: 2 grams Carbohydrates:
45 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ham Recipes