Botsford Inn Honey Baked Ham
with Cumberland Sauce
- 1 whole or half ham
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 quart hot water
- 1 cup currants
- Thinly peeled rind of 1 orange
- Thinly peeled rind of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 cup port wine
- Black cherries, if desired
- Place ham in large roasting pan and pour pineapple juice and honey over
top. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for two hours.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce: In large saucepan, pour hot water over currants
and let stand until plumped, about 20 minutes.
- Cut orange and lemon rinds into very fine julienne about 3/4 inch long;
poach in simmering water 20 minutes.
- Drain, discarding water, and set aside.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into currants and water; cook, stirring constantly,
over medium heat until sauce has thickened and become transparent. Add brown
sugar, orange and lemon juice, jelly and wine; stir until jelly is melted and
add prepared orange and lemon rinds and black cherries.
- Serve warm over ham slices.
Ham serves 8; about 5 cups sauce
Source: Botsford Inn, Farmington, Michigan
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ham Recipes