Caramel Walnut Glazed Spiral Ham
A delicious twist to a traditional holiday dish, this succulent caramel-glazed
ham is sure to become a family favorite. Hints of ginger, crunchy walnuts and aromatic
apple make this recipe a magnificent centerpiece for Easter dinner.
- 10 pound spiral ham
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mulled apple cider
- 1/3 cup crushed ginger snaps
- 3/4 cup toasted California walnut pieces
- Toasting Walnuts: In large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast walnuts,
stirring occasionally, until lightly brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook spiral ham as per instructions found on the label (or for 13 to 15
minutes per pound in a 375 degrees F).
- Ten minutes prior to serving ham, place a sauce pan over high heat and combine
brown sugar and apple cider. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until
it forms into a thick syrup, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add ginger snaps and walnuts to syrup.
- Remove ham from oven and place on platter; pour syrup over ham, slice and
Total Time 3 hr, 25 min | Cook Time 2 hr, 40 min | Serves 30
Nutrition 270 Calories Fat 10g Saturated Fat 3g Monounsaturated Fat 4g Polyunsaturated
Fat 2.5g Cholesterol 105mg Sodium 90mg Carbohydrates 13g Dietary Fiber 0g Protein
Recipe and photo credit: California Walnut Board