Caramel Walnut Glazed Spiral Ham
A delicious twist to a traditional holiday dish, this succulent caramel-glazed
ham is sure to become a family favorite. Hints of ginger, crunchy walnuts and aromatic
apple make this recipe a magnificent centerpiece for Easter dinner.
- 10 pound spiral ham
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mulled apple cider
- 1/3 cup crushed ginger snaps
- 3/4 cup toasted California walnut pieces
- Toasting Walnuts: In large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast walnuts,
stirring occasionally, until lightly brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook spiral ham as per instructions found on the label (or for 13 to 15
minutes per pound in a 375 degrees F).
- Ten minutes prior to serving ham, place a sauce pan over high heat and combine
brown sugar and apple cider. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until
it forms into a thick syrup, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add ginger snaps and walnuts to syrup.
- Remove ham from oven and place on platter; pour syrup over ham, slice and
Total Time 3 hours, 25 mins | Cook Time 2 hours, 40 mins | Serves 30
Nutrition 270 Calories Fat 10g Saturated Fat 3g Monounsaturated Fat 4g Polyunsaturated
Fat 2.5g Cholesterol 105mg Sodium 90mg Carbohydrates 13g Dietary Fiber 0g Protein
Reprinted with permission from the California Walnut Board.